Well my topic is Gay Abuse inside and outside of school for kids and teens.For one you may think that gay abuse happens in school and ends at school. But gay abuse that starts in school also effects that child's life outside of school and happens to them through the internet or physically happening to the on their way home or when they come outside. Gay abuse doesn't just effect that person physically it also hurt that person emotionally
- I need statistics
- General information
- The definition of not only gay abuse but some terms used when gay people are abuse like homophobic, homophobia, ect.
- And maybe just one or two example from kid or teen who have experienced or witnessed gay abuse and how they fell and how this issue really effects them and their family.
- Definition of Homophobic: Is basically a large range of negative attitudes and feelings towards lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer and in some cases transgenders and inter-sex people. Definitions refer variably to antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, and irrational fear. Homophobia is observable in critical and hostile behavior such as discrimination and violence on the basis of a perceived non-heterosexual orientation.
- Definition of Discrimination: an act or instance of discriminating
- Definition of Homophobia: is the hatred or fear of homosexuals yup I said it that it is, lesbians and gay men - sometimes leading to acts of violence and expressions of hostility. Homophobia is not restricted to any one parts of society, and can be found in people from all walks of life. Organized hate groups have viciously attacked homosexuals and have used especially rude language in attention to persecute and intimidate them.
- In 1984 because of gay abuse, gay people five times more likely to miss school because of feeling unsafe. 28% are forced to drop out
- Many Victims of anti-lesbian/gay violence - possibly more than 80% - never report the incident
- 85% of teachers oppose integrating lesbian, gay and bisexual themes in their curricula
- In 1986 42% of homeless youth identify as lesbian, gay or bisexual
- In 1997 84% of Americans oppose employment discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation
- In 1996 about 75% of people committing hate crimes are under age 30 (WOW)- one in three are under 18 (VERY PREDICTABLE)- and some of the most pervasive anti-gay violence occurs in schools(WORRRRD)
- In 1989 Lesbian, gay and bisexual youngster are at a four times higher risk for suicide than their straight peers.
- In 1994 a survey was taken and 191 employers said t that 18% would fire, 27% would refuse to hire and 26% would refuse to promote any person that was lesbian, gay or bisexual.
Ayoooooooo this is some site I used click the link to see the site: